We care deeply about the health of our clients, the farmers who grow and care for the plants, and the artisans who process and extract our rare plant compounds.
For every product we create, we consider the environmental, health and social aspects of every single ingredient.
We choose Fair Trade ingredients to ensure that producers, workers, and farmers receive fair wages and prices for their hard work.
We use organic ingredients to limit exposure to pesticide residues.
We use ethically sourced wild ingredients to limit over harvesting.
We only purchase ingredients from reputable suppliers. We tell you what we put in our products.
We use fresh ingredients. Our products have 'use-by' dates and/or expiration dates.
Our skincare is made using plant oils and butters, waxes, honey, herbs, flowers, roots, plant extracts and essential oils.
We also use vitamins, antioxidants and other actives. We use active ingredients in their recommended amount. No more, no less.
We use natural ingredients that have a long history of safe and effective use.
What do we mean by “natural?”
Natural can mean different things… for instance:
- Plant extracts - minimally processed
- Plant extracts - refined
- Isolated from natural products
- Synthesized from natural products
Plant extracts - minimally processed
We choose minimally processed plant extracts most often, as they retain the highest amount of nutrients, but also have strong aromas, colors and textures, and can be difficult to formulate with.
- Cold-pressed, unrefined Hemp seed oil (green color, strong aroma)
- Cold-pressed, extra virgin Coconut oil (strong aroma, inconsistent texture)
- Unrefined, crude Shea butter (strong aroma, inconsistent texture)
Plant extracts - refined
We use refined plant extracts in some of our formulas.
- FTC-grade Bergamot essential oil (furanocoumarin-free). The chemical responsible for sensitization of the skin to sunlight has been removed
Isolated from Natural Product
We use ingredients that are isolated from natural products in some of our formulas.
- Astaxanthin is a powerful antioxidant isolated from freshwater microalgae Haematococcus pluvialis
Synthesized from Natural Product
We use ingredients that are synthesized from natural products.
- Polyglyceryl-4 oleate is a natural water-in-oil emulsifier made from sunflower seed oil and vegetable glycerin.
Our products do not contain petroleum-based ingredients, mineral oil, parabens, formaldehydes, siloxanes, synthetic or artificial colours or fragrances.
Some of our products are vegan. We use bee-derived ingredients, including honey and beeswax in some of our products. We use wool-derived ingredients, including lanolin and cholesterol in some of our products.
We do not test our products on animals.